Re: [TenTec] Paragon - easy to work on?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon - easy to work on?
From: "Phil Chambley Sr." <k4dpk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 16:00:54 -0400
Hi Ben...

After being out of service for a while, I'm not surprised the controls are
in need of use and cleaning.  You may also want to re-seat certain mass-term
connectors if need be.

The battery in the Paragon is inside one of the chips on a daughter board at
the rear of the Logic board, and I saw an outfit on the internet (something
like Batteries R Us :) that had those.  You'll need to search on battery
sites with that chip number.

The Paragon isn't difficult to work on, except for the fact some of the
parts are getting hard to find.

If you run into anything specific, I'll be glad to give what advice I can.

Phil C. Sr.
k4dpk