Re: [TenTec] wither CW

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] wither CW
From: "Jim Brown K9YC" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 09:25:06 -0700
On Tue, 25 May 2010 22:54:56 -0500, Art Trampler wrote:

>but more often than not work people who do not
>deserve a Q5 report because they cannot accurately send, yet think there is
>something noble or pure about using the bug or straight key.

YES!  There was a vry rare DX station spotted on 40 last week, so I looked
for him and tried to work him. BUT -- the reason the spot was for a rare DX
station was that the spotter got the call wrong. No fault of the spotter
though -- this guys fist was so awful it took me almost ten minutes of his
CQ to figure out his call. Each time I thought I had it, I looked it up on
qrz.com to find no listing, so I tried another few minutes. I worked him on
the first call, but am still not sure he copied my call right -- he never
managed to send it right. :)

73,

Jim K9YC