[TenTec] TenTec 1254 ---THANKS

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec 1254 ---THANKS
From: Scott Robbins <w4pa@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 08:15:11 -0800 (PST)
I'm "on here" but I get the Ten-Tec reflector in digest format and don't read
it all that often ...

Vibroplex videos are something I intend to get to.  It got past me this year
keeping everything going at Vibroplex and now the USA/Canada office for
Spiderbeam antenna - www.spiderbeam.us - which I exhibited at Dayton this year
and then formally took over as of August 1.

I was over at the Ten-Tec factory in early December, plus did a table for
Vibroplex and Spiderbeam at the Ten-Tec hamfest in September.  Picked up my
parts (rewind ... Ten-Tec is doing some fabrication work for Vibroplex parts
...) talked to Jim and the sales crew for a while and played with the new Eagle
in the radio room - the receiver on that rig sure does sound nice.  They were
just getting going on the Eagle when I left a year ago - we had a mockup and a
working digital display back then but the receiver and transmitter were still
being sussed out.

Been a fun year - went to WRTC-2010 in Russia in July as part of a 3 week
vacation in Europe and was at PJ4D in Bonaire mid-October 8 days for the
breakup of the Netherlands Antilles and a new DXCC counter.

So now we're all up to date :-)

73
Scott Robbins
W4PA