Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:23:04 -0600
I'll have to look at that. I don't remember QEX existing in the 50s. In
my collection issue #38 is April 1985 in newsletter format and issue #86
is April 1989, four years later. 48 issues in four years, would put
issue 1 (if always monthly) Feb 1982.

Not to say it wasn't QST talking about what is now called NVIS, but I
don't think the term had been invented before 1988 by Brian Collins in
England selling to the military.

I'll look at the ARRL index later. I do have access to the archives.

73, Jerry, K0CQ