Re: [TenTec] FS:SignaLink USB Sound Card

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>, "Dave Reynolds" <dave@k6wrf.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS:SignaLink USB Sound Card
From: pfizenmayer <pfizenmayer2@q.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:25:03 -0700
Hmmmmnnn- If you are talking about the 5 pin DIN to RCA dongle that TT
supplies with the Orion it does NOT bring out the true FSK line which is on
pin  7 of a standard 8 pin DIN. Both 5 and 8 pin DINs wil plug in OK to the
Orion socket. The 5 pins give you line in -AUX (pin 1) , line out (Pin 4)
, PTT (pin 3)  and a "spare" no connection line on pin 5.

I just went thru this a few weeks ago - it would be OK with AFSK  but not
true FSK so Ihad to make up a new dongle using the 8 pin DIN plug they send
with the Orion .

Maybe the SignaLink  does in fact have a pin 7 , I dunno but I suspect it
will only do AFSK not true FSK ????

And 565 and 566 Orions are the same dongle/pinout.

FWIW -- Hank K7HP