Re: [TenTec] Corsair II realignment: DIY?-Deoxit

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II realignment: DIY?-Deoxit
From: Joe Roberts <jroberts@io.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2011 21:53:27 -0500

> I'd love to but can't figure it out. Not being in the US, I have to
> get it from an eBay store. There are several that sell Deoxit
> products, but none that are very clear which one they sell is the one
> I need.

I had best results with DeOxit D100L in a small bottle (7.4) with a
brush applicator.

Here's a pic from one retailer:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=341-215

Sometimes I use a tiny paintbrush or a toothpick to apply the stuff.
I've used this bottle a lot and it looks like almost none is missing.
The smallest quantity is enough to do the job. 7.4ml will last me
probably 5 years or more, doing a few radios a year.

The spray can puts out way too much for precision work but you can spray
a little bit into a cup and work with it that way.

I don't know if there is any exact replacement for DeOxit. It is magic
potion. Worth every penny.

Joe N5KAT