Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology (NVIS origins)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New and Improved Terminology (NVIS origins)
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 21:36:52 -0500
Do you claim your vertical dipole works better than a quarter wave with
four good, properly tuned/cut elevated radials?

Reason I ask is that my aluminum rotatable dipole project has technical
problems  (The alum elements sag and dip and wave in the wind too much
-- I did not select sufficiently large diameter and stiff tubing.... but
ham radio is for experimenting, right...?)   AND I was
thinking I could salvage the project by turning the floppy thing
vertical and make it a vertical dipole - OR - I might convert it into a
single tubing vertical elevated ground plane and add some wire radials.

Any traction ?     (I will stick my neck out here... re: your
challenge... and expect the properly tuned elevated radials to equal the
work of the second half of the vertical dipole and say they should
perform equally well.   N'est ce pas?)