Re: [TenTec] Omni C Questions ( Maybe OT )

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni C Questions ( Maybe OT )
From: Steve Halliburton <wa2soc@hsix.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:50:27 -0500
I had an Omni C with two dead bands on the bandswitch.  It turned out that
there was a broken trace on the underside of the circuit board; fortunately
it was on the ground side.  I bent cut off resistor leads into little
staple-shaped
pieces and jammed them into the gound side of three of the crystal sockets
(the two dead ones and the nearest working one).  The result was that it
tightened the crystals and fixed the bandswitching problem.  This turned out
to be zero cost, a complete fix, and almost permanent.  No soldering
involved,
the crystals held in the jumpers and vice-versa.  Check out the ground
connections
on the non-working crystals before you do anything too serious.

73
  Steve WA2SOC