Re: [TenTec] Orion III

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion III
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 15:48:32 -0400
Hi Guys --

I often use NR to advantage on SSB, and it can make a substantial
difference in reading SOME weak, noisy signals.  HOWEVER...  one's
satisfaction will depend entirely on his level of expectation.   It
works well, as long as you do not ask too much of it.  NR CAN help in
SOME cases, but is no panacea and cannot remove all noise, and it DOES
ALTER the signal.   Noise is received right along with the desired
signal, and it affects the signal as it removes "some" of the noise.
Sometimes it helps, and sometimes not.

Thus NR becomes, in my view, AT BEST,  just one more tool in the tool
box.   Sometimes it is the right tool for the job, and other times, it
is not.

Just MY take.

Happy Trails.