Re: [TenTec] Orion III

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion III
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 14:04:57 -0400
My Orion III would be an Orion II with the addition of a sub-receiver
that is equal to the main receiver, a 9 mhz IF out jack, and receive
antenna out/back in loop connections so you could add devices such as a
noise cancelor in series with the receiver.  It would also have 6 meters.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635
www.n4py.com

On 5/18/2011 1:50 PM, Frank Kirschner wrote:
> Listen to the NR on the FTdx-5000. It can pull a signal out of the noise and
> make an unreadable signal readable, and a noisy signal armchair copy. This
> works on SSB as well as CW. I don't know what algorithm they're using, but it
> really works.
>
>   73,
>   Frank
>   KF6E