Re: [TenTec] Orion's break in

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion's break in
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:09:20 +0000
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:21 AM, Robert Carroll <w2wg@comcast.net> wrote:
> When you call Paul, also ask the following questions:
>
> 1) What is the maximum speed at which the Orion provides intersymbol QSK
> using the internal keyer
> 2) What is the maximum speed at which the Orion provides intersymbol QSK
> using an external keyer.

FWIW, I get about 60wpm on my Orion and still enough unmuting between
characters to just tell that someone is on frequency.  That's external
keyer, pc generated.  I can't key fast enough to measure with internal
keyer.

The answer also depends on cw rise/fall setting.  It will be a few wpm
faster with the lowest rise/fall setting and a few wpm slower with the
highest rise/fall settings.

Barry N1EU