Re: [TenTec] Orion's break in

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion's break in
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 11:06:13 -0500
At the risk of being labeled a "lid" - is there a handy explanation of
how this QSK thing works, in practice, and how one uses it in daily life?

I am going through a Code Course and looking to add CW to the mix... and
I have this mental image of concentrating on sending code, and becoming
annoyed with someone trying to bust in and interrupt my flow, by keying
over me.   I guess if I am calling CQ, it would help me know someone was
returning the call, but why does he not wait until I listen for him?

Now... I am sure that is a mistaken or ignorant outlook, but I do not
know WHY not !  (I have some ideas about all this, but I would rather
trade on fact than mere supposition... you KNOW what happens when you
assume something... eh?)

I don't mind reading up if there is a good explanation, but the ARRL
Operating Handbook left me cold, and so did my license training guides.

Anybody know a source of good info on good CW operating practice, in
general, and the best use of QSK, in particular ?