Re: [TenTec] New TT Amp

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New TT Amp
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 07:33:54 +0200
Curt,

The ArgoV was great in the states but pretty much a flop here in Europe.
The receiver couldn't cope with the strong shortwave broadcast stations we
have.
Its weak IP3 made it useless on 40m and its weak IP2 made it useless on 20m
in the evenings.
As I said many many times before, you guys don't have this problem in the
states so don't worry about it.
Just understand that we have it here and we welcome a better receiver in a
QRP rig.

>From the hardware side, it is almost an Eagle without the 100w amp.
Didn't take much to effort to do that.
A lot of the software is the same but of course it will take additional
effort to finalize and support.

It's going to be a great little QRP rig and once again be compatible with
the Elecraft rigs, which the ArgoV here in Europe was definitely not.
Ten-Tec formerly held a large chunk of the QRP market space here in Europe
with their Argonaut 5xx series.  They lost nearly 100% of that during the
ArgoV Era.  Maybe now they can gain a decent chunk back.

73
Rick, DJ0IP