Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ TXCO

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ TXCO
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 00:03:47 +0000
Ron, what your friend originally asked is full of mis-information.

What Clayton just posted is essentially true.  According to the wiki,
the Omni VI and early VI+ used a xtal oven. Ten-Tec switched to a TCXO
in the later VI+ because the oven was no longer available to them. The
TCXO was available as a kit to retrofit earlier units with failed
ovens.  But a proper functioning oven should have had equal or better
stability than the TCXO, so it really wasn't an "upgrade".

73,
Barry N1EU