Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: "PA5MW, Mark" <pa5mw@home.nl>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 08:42:34 +0200
Thanks Barry,

That justifies my saving for a future RX366 upgrade on the OII only and keeping my '04 Orion , with its original 2nd rcvr, for AM BCB.

73, Mark PA5MW

On 18-5-2013 23:33, Barry N1EU wrote:
I just spent a few minutes doing an A/B comparison of an original
subrx (in 566) with a RX-366 subrx (in 565).  I used a delta loop
antenna to listen to 9MHz SWL band and a 580ft Beverage antenna to
listen to AM BCB.  Bottom line, there's no comparison - in these two
instances, original subrx hears MUCH better than the RX-366.

So if you only use your subrx for SWL'ing or AM BCB, stick with the
original subrx.  If you actually use your subrx for ham radio, the
RX-366 will be a HUGE improvement.

73,
Barry N1EU