Re: [TenTec] RX366

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RX366
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 10:06:11 +0000
I don't have the test equipment to do the comparison in the ham bands.
 To me it's a no-brainer that a down-converting rx with narrow 9MHz
roofing filters will significantly outperform an up-converting rx with
only 7.5KHz wide filters.  Also, my years of listening intensively
with the original subrx clearly showed its tendency to create spurious
images in the presence of strong signals.  My experience with the
RX-366 shows that it is essentially equivalent to the Orion main
receiver in performance.

If you were thinking in terms of sensitivity, there won't be much of a
difference between the subreceivers.  Why would there be and who
cares, when band noise predominates 99% of the time.

73, Barry N1EU