Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ Alignment question

To: "Don Rasmussen" <wb8yqj@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI 6+ Alignment question
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 22:56:54 -0500 (CDT)
Crystal aging or component aging in the BFO oscillators can cause this.
Also aging of the TCXO can cause this.

Use an accurate frequency counter to determine if all are on frequency as
required.  You will need to measure to 1 Hz or better accuracy.  There is
a procedure in the manual for alignment.  Follow the steps as listed in
sequence and do not skip any of them.

73
Bob, K4TAX

> My frequency display is now reading 60hz high for a WWV zerobeat on USB
> and LSB.
>
> Can anyone suggest if this would be the TCXO going out of tolerance or
> possibly there is a trimmer?
>
> de wb8yqj/6

Disclosure:
I am a Tentec Ambassador and compensated according to the Tentec
Ambassador plan. I serve as a volunteer beta test person for the Omni
VII, Eagle and Argonaut VI products.   Otherwise, I hold no business or
employment interest with Tentec.