Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with TenTec rigs

To: "R. Eric Sluder-W9WLW" <resluder@yahoo.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with TenTec rigs
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 14:03:09 -0600
A TenTec 705 microphone into the OMNI-VII with the TX ROLL OFF set to 150 Hz and TX BW set to 3400 and TX EQ 0 dB driving a Titan to 300 W (on peaks) is said, on the local 160 AM net, to sound just exactly like I do face to face. The transmitted pattern as seen on a FLEX-1500 in panadapter mode shows about a 18 dB roll off between 300 Hz and 3300 Hz not at all unlike the pattern of a commercial AM station.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M

-----Original Message----- From: R. Eric Sluder-W9WLW