Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] din connector, etc.
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 19:05:00 -0500
Yes, I'll give you that one, the Tentec 599 Eagle does not work like most rigs. It is much better than most rigs in that regard. As Carl stated earlier, it is an outstanding QSK radio. I also find that to be true.

Now, with my previous post, I went on to explain in full detail how the delay is applied with the various firmware timing events thus lowering the RF to 0 before relay release. The radio does what it is designed to do and that is fully disclosed in the manual.

As to actually measuring the timing, no I did not. On another front, I was measuring the timing and settling time of the Ameritron AL-80B for my own needs for use with the Eagle. However, I did have a question in this regard and it was answered some time ago from the fellow that wrote the control code. And I did disclose that timing detail in my previous post.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>