[TenTec] I have Eagle CW Keying Screen Shots

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] I have Eagle CW Keying Screen Shots
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 09:02:19 +0200
Guys, I have exact screen shots of ALL of this timing, as viewed on an
analyzer, showing the Key timing, Amp Key timing, and the actual RF wave.

I am reluctant to post it on my web site until I can remember who it was
that sent them to me. :-(
I think it was either Rob Sherwood, John Henry, Jack Burchfield, or possibly
Bob McGraw.
These are the guys I was discussing this with last year.

My hunch is Rob Sherwood.  I'll ask him.  If I get an OK, I'll upload it to
my Ten-Tec Stuff on my web site.

Jim, I suffer from the same problem as you, possibly worse.

I can copy contest CW up to 40 wpm and a little more - especially after the
first few hours, but I'm so darn rusty at manually keying that I am much
more comfortable around 28 to 30 wpm.

Jim, here's what helps:

Last year in CQWW, due to all the skimmer traffic, my computer was so flakey
that it was transmitting incoherent CW. It was basically useless.  I must
have sounded like a LID.

After wasting about an hour thinking it was RF in the shack and trying
filters and such, I gave up and began sending every QSO manually.

In the beginning I probably sounded like a 2nd month Novice.
By the end of the contest, after 1,300 QSOs, I was beginning to get the hang
of it again!  ;-)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)