Re: [TenTec] Field day antennas

To: k9yc@arrl.net, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Field day antennas
From: Don Jones <ko7i@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 08:48:29 -0700
Sorry for taking to the field or sharing here what works for me in my EMC/Lightning Lab on a daily basis. We make tens of thousands of dollars every year off those who fail to ground properly. That figure does not include the cost for damage to test samples and careers. Over the years I've had several know it all's take up software engineering instead. It is my experience that the remote ground rods help in several ways, including CM suppression. Also a tight coil of coax cable helps some too. The delta loops were our toughest one to tame which ended up requiring a ground rod and 40ft of RG-213 coiled, itwas about 12" dia. The dipoles and tri-band yagi's were all balun fed, and were well behaved. We did coil the RG-213 once the coax reached the ground as an added precaution. IMHO if the ham who began this post, is going to stick with a 2 transmitter deployment the 130ft zepp with ladder line will serve him very well from the mid west. Especially if he can get them install 60ft high between two trees. They will have a ball on 80 - 15 meters.
CQ Contest!... oh yea, Field Day is an operating event.
73, Don KO7i