Re: [TenTec] Field day antennas

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Field day antennas
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 22:10:15 +0200
OK, fb Stuart.
At first I thought you were referring to vertical loops, then I wasn't
certain.

These are indeed fantastic antennas with respect to their cost and
simplicity, if you have space and 4 (or even just 3) elevated points to
fasten them to.

I began using these in the mid 1970's and in fact had one DX-pedition where
it was my only antenna.  Andorra, 1979.  Call was C31SE.
See: http://www.dj0ip.de/my-expeditions/andorra-1979/

I have to say that if I could only have one single antenna, this would be
the one.
Of course I'd rather have at least half a dozen antennas, but if I had to
pick . . .

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)