[TenTec] TEN-TEC Announcement January 4, 2016

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TEN-TEC Announcement January 4, 2016
From: John Henry <jshenry1963@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 23:20:41 -0500
$140 is the cost of the hour it takes to handle it in receiving (computer
entry, rma, etc.) unbox it, store packing material, take initial look at
rig, and the subsequent time after a repair for boxing it, collecting
payment, calling customer, etc.
This covers probably more than an hour in administrative time, service
techs time, billing time, etc.

If you decide not to repair it, then that is all you'll pay (plus
shipping/taxes)

If you decide to repair it then that starts the next hour of repair. $125
per hour.
That means your minimum repaired item would be $265 plus parts shipping tax.

For a $300 rig, yes, this might be high, but for some, if they can get
their beloved Argonaut V or OMNI C repaired for this, then they don't care,
they will do it. For some, yes, this will be a deciding factor to go
elsewhere.

For those that do stick with TEN-TEC, they will hopefully see TEN-TEC come
back to life.

If you want to go to one of a dozen other people to get your gear serviced,
then you should. You do what is right for you.

I do want to say something I said in another forum.
If it were not for Dishop buying TEN-TEC assets / brand name from RKR, then
the owners of QSC would have shut it down. Then the legacy of Al/Jack would
have been lost Some argue it would have been better to let it end already,
before now, but, there is a fighting chance that it can continue, and that
you will see innovative products come out of Sevierville again
Already, there are new products in design, Dishop is working on a couple,
I'm working on a couple, and others are volunteering as I am or contracting
work to work on new ones.
Who knows if they will make it to market, but, with a bit of luck, they
will.

It is very very easy to be skeptical, heck, I am too, but, with a bit of
luck, TEN-TEC will survive and rise again......

ok nuff cheerleading crap, let's see where this goes this year, proof is in
the puddin

73, KI4JPL
John Henry