Re: Topband: New 160M high performance receiving antenna at W3LPL

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: New 160M high performance receiving antenna at W3LPL
From: Robert McGwier <rwmcgwier@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:00:19 -0500
Thank you for this note Tom. Very informative.

I am working on an SDR/DSP "smart antenna" design now for deployment at
Joel's and I thank him for allowing me to do ALL of this development when I
had no real track record of my own in this band.

I believe we are at place now where we can build a smart array that is self
calibrating, using your original elements (top-hat short verticals) and
combine all 8 is my goal.   It can be done reasonably inexpensively on 160m
but 80m is right on the cusp of having to go from inexpensive to much more
expensive.

For those who don't know,  Dan McGuire AC6LA, is about to release an
seriously updated version of MultiNEC which he calls AUTOEZ and it works
with late versions of EZNEC 5.   I need tools to do the arithmetic since my
intuition and experience is nothing akin to yours.

Bob
HY

--
Bob McGwier
Owner and Technical Director, Allied Communication, LLC