[TowerTalk] Antenna surface area

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna surface area
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 09:11:58 -0500
> 1) Geese would not fly in V formations and the lead goose would not
> swap with others in the flock. (Why a V not one behind another?  Is
> that a lower energy use configuration or is it a simple matter of them
> being to be able to better see the goose in front of them?)

Although it might be desirable to "fly with eagles", and you can save
gasoline by backdrafting behind a semi, I can't advise backdrafting behind
the lead goose.  (Geese know this!)

sri

On a serious note, I don't think antenna manufacturers lie to us about stuff
like wind surface area.  What's really more important than any one claim is
whether antenna, tower, and rotator manufacturers are using the same methods
to calculate surface area of the things that they are testing!  73

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----