[TowerTalk] Re: Antenna surface area

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Antenna surface area
From: JerryC" <jerryc@netscope.net (JerryC)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 18:56:22 -0400
Well guys and gals
I just went thru the numbers on my 4el vee antenna and the mfg. sheets
were nowhere close.  I really think that most mfgs numbers are intended for
rotator
sizing.  They only seem to give you enough to make shure your new antenna
can be
turned (and held) by your rotator.  As for my calculations (right or wrong)
I used
the ARRL antenna book for reference.  They may not be 100% correct but it
has to be better than what I could come up with on my own.
JerryC
jerryc@netscope.net

List Sponsor: Are you thinking about installing a tower this summer? Call us
96-feet for less than $2000! at 888-833-3104 <A
HREF="http://www.ChampionRadio.com";>
www.ChampionRadio.com</A>

-----