Re: [TowerTalk] Nicopress swags

To: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>,"'Greg'" <ab7r@cablespeed.com>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Nicopress swags
From: "Bob Maser" <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:59:11 -0500
I have re-cabled 3 LM470's using a "hand" swagger made by H K Porter.  It is
3 feet long and it does a great swaging job.  It is, however, for 3/16"
galvanized cable, not 1/4", which would make a huge difference.
I agree that, unless somebody is selling a hand swagger for the 1/4" size,
that a hydraulic swagger would be the way to go, certainly not a hammer!  I
can't believe that any professional would suggest that. especially
considering what's at stake!
Bob W6TR