Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 08:40:32 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 14 May 2007 11:28:44 -0400, "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
 wrote:

>I believe the larger fear is that a "slippery slope" condition is created.
>First, the ham tower/antenna is erected.  Then, a neighbor seeing the tower
>installation decides to break a covenant by installing a small shed in his
>back yard.  Then, across the street, a boat or large RV find its way to be
>parked at the far end of a driveway .  After that, other covenants are
>broken in succession to the point where they become unenforceable due to
>many legal theories.
>
>So, the one event in and of itself may be harmless, but it can be argued
>that multiple covenant violations will yield impossible enforcement action
>and thus create a condition where lower property values result.

An excellent point. Personally, I would never buy a house where there
is an HOA or CC&Rs, but if I did, I would either abide by them or
move.

I chose my current residence in the desert, 18 miles from the nearest
town, for exactly that reason. I can run all the power I want to my
antenna on my very tall tower and nobody complains.

Ham radio heaven. :-)

Bill W6WRT