Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?

To: Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Got a tower/antenna in a CC&R subdivision?
From: Krish <kkanakas@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:11:18 -0400
Folks,
 Let me give some more information on the situation.
 The covenant goes  like this
 "All antenna requests will need to be approved by the Architectural review
committee".

 If there is a request that comes along and is something that does not fit the
bill, the Arch committe
 will deny the request and send it to the board to make a consideration.

 My original proposal had a stepper at the top of the crankup and a TV antenna
at the bottom of
 the crankup. I sent in a copy of the 1996 OTARD ruling as well. The stepper
was hand drawn
 in the proposal along with a copy of the aluma tower brochure. The Arch
committee has never
 seen a setup like this, so was unable to perceive and they just denied it.
Well, they did not even
 take up on my request to present it to the committee. In my subdivision, the
arch committee is a
 inclusive group unknown to the public for fear of retribution. Hence my gripe
that there was no
 fair consideration.

 Now the board is looking into the merits. In the meanwhile, i had someone
measure the offset
 from the roof to the tower when the antenna is installed. We found that it
will be entirely below
 the roof when down, and blend well with the trees behind the tower when
cranked up.

 I ran around and got about 70% of the neighbors sign off. Some in person by
knocking the door,
 but a few others by sending in mail with return postage. About 3 out of 5 that
i mailed never
 returned it. Perhaps procrastination or they have opinions. No one objected
except one guy who
 does not see the tower and is a next door neighbor. He is located at the other
side of the tower.
 When i ran the idea by him, he wanted the tower to be placed not near his
property , but the
 other side. I complied and changed the proposal after getting the other owners
permission. In
 Dec, this guy did not voice out any concern, but in April, he says he has
concerns. I have over
 70% approval from those directly impacted, so i have pushed it to the board.
The board wants
 to do their due diligence and talk to the neighbors to see what they feel.
However, this is a gray
 area. I don't know what they talk. I am sure they won't be talking about Otard
and TV antennas.

 Hence i am doing everything right to keep a positive attitude after waiting
for 3 months now. I am
 a solid contributor on the board. The board knows it and the people know it.
Where the
 Arch committee falters, with trying to impose fines for compliance, i am out
there working with
 people the friendly way and working out the differences to achieve compliance.
I hate this
 anonymous Arch committee crap. But they say that people won't volunteer after
the several
 lawsuits they have had over the years.

73's
Krish