Re: [TowerTalk] Green Power Lightbulb QRN

To: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>,towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Green Power Lightbulb QRN
From: John/K4WJ <k4wj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:48:53 -0400
John,

I've seen messages that are one humongous paragraph and I assumed
that the robot was converting messages created in HTML to ASCII and
screwing up the format. But for some reason I didn't associate these
added line spaces as being generated by the robot. Makes sense to me now.

As I'm getting older (65) I find little things like the added line
spaces bothering me. Things like the fact that my house has been on
the market for over 9 months don't seem to bother me. :-)

Thanks for your words John,

73..de John/K4WJ

At 11:07 AM 10/31/2007, you wrote:

>--John
>
>I don't know about the other guys but when I write something to the
>reflector I go to great lengths to make the line breaks at reasonable
>spots to make reading easier.
>
>And the DAMN robot adds its own breaks arbitrarily and capriciously.
>At least for me it seems to be a compatibility issue between my
>email client and the settings in the reflector.
>
>You can see this in my postings where there are alternating long
>lines and very short lines.   Looks ugly to me but I was once
>complimented on it because he thought it looked nice and was
>easy to read.  I felt the exact opposite.
>
>There is nothing more annoying to go to the trouble of formatting
>something in a way to be visually pleasing and easy to comprehend
>and then have it totally mucked up by computer.  But then the
>computer (nor the programmers) went to the same grammar school
>I did and never had the threat from some nuns of a ruler across the
>knuckles.
>
>BTW, John   I am sure happy that the only thing in your life worth
>complaining about is line/paragraph spacing.  I just wish my life was
>that good!    ;-)
>
>(Now this is tongue in cheek -- I am not hassling John about his
>posting -- just having a little fun!  No harm no foul!)
>
>73  John  W0UN

73..de John/K4WJ
ex K8PXG 18 Jun 1959 to 11 Feb 1997
K8WJ 12 Feb 1997 to 08 Apr 1997