Re: [TowerTalk] FAA & Private Airstrips

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FAA & Private Airstrips
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 12:44:48 +0000
When I first put it up it was really fun to be up my 150' tower and looking
horizontally into the cockpit of an A-10 circling the tower.  Now that they
retired those around here I only get an occasional C-130 tree topping over
the towers, usually after dark.  And a flight or two of fighters doing
ceremonial flyovers on memorial day, they must like my towers for a turn
marker or lining up with their target.  One day with a very low broken
ceiling I heard a small plane for a while, then it broke out of the clouds
about a mile away heading straight for my towers.... it abruptly pulled a
180 and went right back the way it came.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net