Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6-BTV Installation

To: Matthew King <mrk.twg@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6-BTV Installation
From: Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 19:22:55 -0400
RX was immediately noticably better. Noise sources, too.

Works generally fine 40-10 meters, but it's a bit short for 80m, it
appears. I can tune it, but I'm not happy with the results.

I have about 30 radials of various lengths, but short, the antenna is 20'
from a salt water canal. I live on an island.

I would do it again. I wish I had done it in the first place!

Mickey

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Matthew King <mrk.twg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mickey - what sort of differences did you see when you swapped out the
> 6-BTV for the 43' vertical?  I'm potentially interested in the same swap,
> so I'm curious to know what you saw.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt
> KK4CPS

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*"Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn." *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.