[TowerTalk] Fwd: Hustler 6-BTV installation

To: towertalk@contesting.com, ve4xt@mymts.net
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Hustler 6-BTV installation
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 07:25:10 -0400
I just read the Joel Hallas, W1ZR article - "The 43 foot vertical monopole
- What's the magic?".  It was very interesting!  The coax losses are worse
than I imagined, up to 8dB though 100 feet of RG-213, and as my model
showed the radiation is very high above 20m.  Certainly a relay to
electrically shorten the antenna would help 15m and 10m.

John KK9A