Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6-BTV installation

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 6-BTV installation
From: Brian Alsop <alsopb@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 14:04:20 +0000
I'm not sure one would ever notice the tree effects on HF. There are lots of other things (e.g., no balun at the feedpoint, feedline routing and objects in the near field, ground terrain variations ) that would probably be larger effects.

I had an commercial BC TV engineer relate to me a story of the importance of attenuation in "trees" for HDTV (UHF). One station near the NC coast (beaming inland) made an argument that the long leaf pine needles were the right size to selectively attenuate their signal. They managed to get a somewhat higher permitted power. It would have been interesting to actually have a measurement of the effect.......

73 de Brian/K3KO