Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Hustler 6-BTV installation

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Hustler 6-BTV installation
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:43:37 -0700
On 4/8/2014 4:25 AM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
I just read the Joel Hallas, W1ZR article - "The 43 foot vertical monopole
- What's the magic?".  It was very interesting!  The coax losses are worse
than I imagined, up to 8dB though 100 feet of RG-213, and as my model
showed the radiation is very high above 20m.  Certainly a relay to
electrically shorten the antenna would help 15m and 10m.

John KK9A

I always wondered why someone would pay $400- $500 for a '43 foot vertical' when you can hang about $1.50 worth of wire in a tree and do the same thing.

We had one of those for FD and it was not a very good antenna.  73
Tom W7WHY