Re: [TowerTalk] My first tower section is not plumb...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My first tower section is not plumb...
From: "Douglas Ruz \(CO8DM\)" <co8dm@frcuba.co.cu>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 20:08:00 -0500
Thanks for all replys.

OK, first, I will build a Gin Pole...I think it is not a problem.

Second, seems that my verticality errors are "into" the tolerance range, so,
I think I can do some corrections before tighten the bolts...I put
some pressure in one of the temporary guys and make the 2nd section plumb.
In general the tower (only 2 sections now) is very stiff with "My temporary
guy ropes"...I climb to the top of the 20ft to attach the line with weight (plumb bob) in the center of the tower and I dont feel any movement.

My questions is:

Can I try to make the tower plumb without adding to much stress to tower
legs???

Thanks,

73....Douglas, CO8DM

"No creo que haya alguna emoción más intensa para un inventor que ver alguna
de sus creaciones funcionando. Esa emoción hace que uno se olvide de comer,
de dormir, de todo." - Nikola Tesla
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick Greenlee" <patrick_g@windstream.net>