[TRLog] CODE SPEED CHANGES

Subject: [TRLog] CODE SPEED CHANGES
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:36:37 -0500

>I never said this.  I said that my intent was not to have a conversation
about
technique.  That's all.  This thread is becoming very complicated.

Well, pretty plain now...

Given that Tree has probably been compensated about $0.05 per hour he has
put in on TR, don't you think you owe him the respect of a proper open
discussion on how a change in that setting relates to technique and
usefulness, before you ask him to put in more time on it, just because you
"rather" it would be different?

Tree reads the discussions on this reflector. It would take an enormous
amount of time for him to respond personally to every question posed. But
still he has been more responsive on fixes/changes than any other logging
program writer, hands down.

Make your case for the usefulness of the change you are asking. I doubt you
can do it without discussing operating technique, and the various situations
where a speed change is called for. And in the process you may give some of
the readers an idea/technique they had not thought of. Or pick up one
yourself.

73, Guy.