[WriteLog] Working dupes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Working dupes
From: Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com (Kurszewski Chad-WCK005)
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:25:47 -0500
> Why won't WL allow me to work dupes?
>
> e.g. with F10 set to say %C 5NN%3, the prog will only send the
> call from the entry window, and then halts. I don't understand,
> as there is no %B dupecheck in there. I certainly don't want to
> refuse to work dupes in run mode, as it causes too much trouble,
> and causes time consuming arguments.
>
> A work around is to programme the message as %C %B5NN%3%B 5NN%3,
> but this seems convoluted and unnecessary. There has to be a
> better way surely?

Clive,

What you found as a "work around" is actually as Wayne
intended for it to work, thus not a work around.

In this way, you can send one type of message to a dupe
and the exchange to a non-dupe, such as:
%C %BQSO B4%B5nn %3

Unfortunately, as you figured out, if you want it to send
the same message, it does seem unnecessary.

Maybe a good thing to for Wayne to do is if there is no
%B%B in the message to assume you want to work the dupe and
send the remainder of the message.  If there is a %B%B in
the message, do as he does now.

How does that sound to everybody?

Chad WE9V