[WriteLog] Curious?? (long)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Curious?? (long)
From: tombaugh@discoverynet.com (Tom Baugh)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:23:50 -0600
Hi guys..

I thought I'd throw in my two cents...
I too lurk mostly but have the following comments regarding the comments
made below.
I tend to agree that documentation is lacking and finding quick answers can
be frustrating.
With regards to a reflector generating 3 or 4 times the EMail.. There are
many other possiblities besides the one expressed which could result in this
scenario.
1-   The  reflector could be monitored and these types of messages censored.
2-   The age of the other programs indicates that many of the "bugs" may
have been worked out
3-   The age of the other programs has many others moving to the newer
software and the people changing are not familiar with modern software
4-   Those changing software are trying to get the modern software to work
with older computers and radios.
6-20  many others I'm sure.

Good and sometimes heated exchanges are what made the free world what it
is... for good or bad.
I wouldn't judge a software by the good or bad messages placed on a
reflector

Good Day
Tom
AE9B