[WriteLog] Curious?? (long)

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Curious?? (long)
From: bob.wruble@verizon.net (bob.wruble@verizon.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:10:16 -0800
that and much more ..... if ur not familiar with tr its hard to describe all
of great contesting features.......TR is for the serious contester.   wl ok
for casual contest op but needs much refinement to beat or equal TR.

only down side is that it will never be ported over to window
environment....... wl has a lot of nice post contest features via windows
environment but post contest is secondary to efficiency and power of minimum
key strokes during the event itself......

don't get  me wrong i think wl or some other yet to be evolved
windows based contest SW is the way to go but WL still very early in its
evolution compared to TR for the serious contester!!

all one has to do is follow the hundreds of threads on the wl reflector to
see how far it has to go!!   also, TR was/is written and maintained by a
world class cw contest op....N6TR.   i'm not sure about the credentials of
the wl authors in this sense.

again i love and support the hell outa wl for 2 radio rtty contesting but
still prfer TR for cw and fone contesting....
de w7gg