[WriteLog] Can't create packet OLE Automation Object.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Can't create packet OLE Automation Object.
From: bjorn@timebandits.org (Bjorn Bergheim)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 23:37:37 +0100
Hi Scot,

I was not using DXTelnet. I thought Writelog connects to a webcluster via the
packet window. I know DXTelnet offers better filtering, but I wanted to have
Writelog work properly before trying more complex solutions.

>From n1mm website:

In the Packet Terminal Window, go to File - Telnet...
Writelog manual says the same thing.

How do I start the writelog packet window with menu?

Have a feeling I'm missing something important :)

Bjorn

Quoting Scot Herrick <scot@k9jy.com>:

 You forgot to mention that you are using DXTelnet! You are receiving the
 error message when the WriteLog.ini file is not correctly setup to use
 DXTelnet.

 Edit Writelog.ini

 Add following two lines:
        [OBJECTS]
        pktObject=DXT2WL.clsWlPacket

 The above two lines are what you are missing or don't have exact in the file
 (copy and paste the line).

 CU...Scot

 See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
 http://www.k9jy.com
 mailto:scot@k9jy.com

 Hi,

 I'm new to Writelog and hope you can help me.
 When trying to open the packet window I receive this error message.

 "Can't create packet OLE Automation Object."

 I tried reinstalling Writelog but that didn't help. I've searched parts of
 the
 reflector for similar problems, but nothing.
 Writelog manual ---> checked
 Writelog helpfile ---> checked
 k9jy.com ---> checked

 Operating System: Win98SE

 Computer:

 Piii500e w/384MB RAM
 SB Live 1024 Player - Soundcard
 Compaq NC3120 Fast Ethernet - NIC
 Internet connection - ADSL

 Writelog version 10.37B

 If you need more information I will be happy to provide if possible.

 Regards Bjorn, LA4DCA
 LA8W/LN8W http://la8w.timebandits.org/