[WriteLog] Can't create packet OLE Automation Object.

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Can't create packet OLE Automation Object.
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:45:23 -0500
>  You should be able to start it by simply selecting Window>Packet Window
>  and from there selecting Telnet and inserting the address information.
>
> Thats when the "Can't create packet OLE Automation Object." comes in.
>
> DXT2WL packet window loads OK, but thats not the window I'm looking for I
> think. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
>
> .: writelog.ini
>
> There was no [OBJECTS] in writelog.ini after installing writelog for the
first
> time.
> Adding the 2 lines
>
>          [OBJECTS]
>          pktObject=DXT2WL.clsWlPacket
>
> from Scot and starting DXT2WL.exe that came with DXTelnet made it load OK.
That
> packet window has no menu.

That's all essentially correct.  If you're using DX Telent, you will see the
DXTelnet <>WriteLog Spot Linker window, and no other window will appear when
you chose Window|Packet from the WL menu.  You don't need that window when
you're using DXT, as you choose the cluster(s) from the DX Telnet
application.  However, you can also choose Window|Packet Spots from the WL
menu if you like that window.  73
www.qsl.net/wa9als/dxtelnet.htm