[WriteLog] Re: What should change in WriteLog ??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: What should change in WriteLog ??
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:39:08 -0000
Hello Wayne and the group,

In answer to your points:

1........ Keep it the way it is! There are enough F-keys to be able to
handle the switch between S&P and Run. I do this quite frequently.

2...... I wouldn't mind if you were able to scroll the bandmap up and down,
but that is about it.

3..... NO, This is one of the joys of WL! And is also important for those of
us with two monitors!

4..... One could take the view that software which is constantly being
updated wasn't written properly in the first place!
The only valid point might be that "as long as updates/fixes come out in
time for a contest" that is all that is needed.
I do not feel that beta releases should be avialable freely, and should be
limited to those who know what they are doing!

5.... Not a problem really, as the required files are freely available on
the web. Please don't include them with upgrades, as some of us would end up
with older files being installed!
Maybe in the release notes, you might wish to suggest what files may need
updating? eg CTY file etc?

One modification I would like to see would be the re-writing of the SM6SRW
modules for some of the RTTY contests so that they were then part of
Writelog.
This may also cure some of the rather odd ADIF field names, which make
imports into station logging software (and even LoTW!) almost impossible
without doing a lot of "search and replace".

Thanks for an excellent program Wayne,

73 de Phil GU0SUP