Re: [WriteLog] What should change in WriteLog w.r.t. this review?

To: K4SB <k4sb@earthlink.net>, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] What should change in WriteLog w.r.t. this review?
From: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 12:00:39 +0000
All,

I used to save seperate ssb, cw and rtty writelog.ini.

But then I found out I could put everything in one ini file and just switch as necessary. I use this file everyday for DX chasing. And I have a single radio version of it for starting a contest on each computer. The only things I have to remember to change is "Echo Mic". I still do save a copy of the ini for each contest (only because that save is still in the batch files to change configurations).

The only things I haven't been able to generalize is my Fkeys panel which ends up unique to each contest.

Jerry, W6IHG

At 07:21 PM 2/5/2004 +0000, K4SB wrote:
Bill Turner wrote:
> My only peeve with WriteLog is the necessity to change the .ini file
> when changing between RTTY/CW/SSB contests.  It would be nice if
> WriteLog could detect which kind of contest is loaded and make the .ini
> changes as necessary.
-----------
Yes it would, and it would be a very simple modification.

But in the meantime, all I do is rename the writelog.ini file for each
mode, then save them in the Windows directory. Should come as no
surprise that these are RTTY.bak  and CW.bak. Before I start WL up, I
just copy the the correct file to Windows, and then rename it to
writelog.ini

Takes about a minute. Another method would be to put the files in the
WL directory so you remember where they are.

73
Ed

------------------------------------------ Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs LLC http://www.pixos.com/designs/RadioTuner/ jpixton@shentel.net ------------------------------------------