Re: [Amps] Panasonic tube radio

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Panasonic tube radio
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@ispwest.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 06:57:30 -0700
On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:26:48 +0200, peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com wrote:

>I find the older ones (1946 to about 1965)even more interesting. As a
>percentage, did many more people build their rigs rather than buy? Kits
>were perhaps more available, which skews the numbers a bit, I suppose.

When I got into ham radio in the late '50s it was more common for
transmitters to be homebrewed than bought, especially if you include
kits as "homebrewed".  Thinking back on all my friends from those
days, not one had a commercially made transmitter.

Receivers were a different matter.  Nearly all were commercial or
modified war surplus, which there was a ton of back then.

Ahhhhh... the good ol' days.  :-)

--
73, Bill W6WRT