[Amps] LK-500 Problem

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] LK-500 Problem
From: edk0kl@centurytel.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 10:27:07 -0500 (CDT)
Sounds to me like there is something not connected properly in the 220
conversion.

Remember this particular amp has 2 primaries in the transformers, 3 leads (plus
a ground). Lead "A" with the single on off switch goes to one lead (120 to
ground) the second lead which is unswitched (how did that get my the
regulators?) goes to the second power lead again 120 to ground, 240 across the
two.

In other words you get red and black going to the 220, white to neutral, green
to ground.

If the secondaries are wired in series you get the full 220 across the primary.
If only one lead, be it red or black is connected your primary is only at half
voltage. This might be the problem.

Or half the recifier may be open. An ohm meter works best for all the above.

Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Ed K0KL