Re: [Amps] Heath copyright

To: VAN K7VS <WA7FAB@cdsnet.net>, Saandy Eban <alexeban@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Heath copyright
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:04:08 -0700 (PDT)
Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on which side of the copyright issue
one stands, copyright law is an international agreement which is "tweaked" by
the various individual countries.  Making exceptions in one area can easily
"cross over" into other areas which would cause additional problems.

Since the "Berne Convention" is the basis for all copyrights then one would
have to approach the international delegates during the next revision of
copyright law to make changes regarding things like equipment manuals and so
forth.  You can find information about the Berne Convention at the following
URLs:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/treaties/berne/overview.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berne_Convention_for_the_Protection_of_Literary_and_Artistic_Works

Glen, K9STH