Re: [Amps] Value, part 3 (final)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Value, part 3 (final)
From: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 08:28:53 -0700
On 7/16/2011 5:52 AM, n2kw@juno.com wrote:

> For example...4-1000A - New (Triton) $1095 ....Used (pulls) Eimac $475
> My best offer for a 4-1000A?  $25 ....(I wonder what RF Parts paid for their
> "pulls?")

Hi Allen,

This isn't so outrageous. I just sold a bunch of used 4-1000A's for an estate.
All I could
test were the filaments, and I had a buyer who was willing to pick them up. I
sold them
for $25 each.  Who knows how much life, if any, they have in them? The guy
probably got a
few good tubes, but it's a risk. There are a lot of these around, and as far as
I know the
only ham amps they are used in are homebrew ones. So $25 isn't ridiculous.

I have bought s-500Z 'pulls' from a reputable seller who can test them. I
received the
tubes with documentation from a curve tracer. These were about half the price
of new ones,
and it makes sense in this case.
--
Vic, K2VCO