Re: [Amps] UHF Connectors

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] UHF Connectors
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 02:42:34 -0500
On 11/13/2013 1:15 AM, Bill Turner wrote:
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:          (may be snipped)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:46:58 -0000, Ian wrote:

We know that the original PL259 is an excellent connector if it is
assembled properly, but the original design allows so many different
ways of doing it badly - so much so that badly assembled PL259s have
become one of the most common causes of RFI.

REPLY:

Like solder connectors, buy good ones and a good crimper. At over a 100 connectors in an SO2R set-up I'd hate to have to go back to the solder type.

73,

Roger (K8RI)

I've given up on the traditional solder-type PL-259s. Now I use the crimp on
type and have never had a failure. The crimper is expensive but well worth
the time and hassle saved.  I got both crimper and connectors on eBay. There
are many sizes so be sure you get the right ones.

73, Bill W6WRT