[CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Reply to SO2R comments...
From: jdorr@AetherSystems.com (John Dorr)
Date: Mon Mar 5 19:29:48 2001
Well, I'll step up here considering no one else seems willing to mention
real calls/names. The incident with N2MG involved myself while operating on
10M. I had the good fortune to have two needed multipliers call me which I
managed to successfully pass to 15M.

Now, I agree about the concern over the frequency ownership issue raised by
several guys on here. In this case (and correct me if I'm wrong), I believe
the passes probably took about 45-60 seconds each. That is, in my view,
within a reasonable window to say you're still using a run frequency.
Naturally, that can be debated at great length as it already has been on
this channel.

The point in my on-air comment to Mike was simply that instead of trying to
have the debate in the heat of battle, he would be better off finding his
own frequency and focussing on passing guys himself as appropriate.
Obviously that's a one-sided view but, right or wrong,  seems to be a
regular practice by most operators.

BTW, for the record, I was not operating with two radios this weekend. But,
a fair point has been raised here about how long a frequency is legitimately
yours when you choose to vacate it for any reason. I submit to the
contesting court that there's no cookbook answer to that one.

73 John, K1AR